Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Day in our Life

What a sweet face to wake up to. Our mornings usually start around 9. You stir and then starts to cry out for me. I go get you and bring you back to my bed for about 5 minutes of snuggle time. Then I say you wanna go get a bottle? You will turn off the TV and reach for me to pick you up to take you down.


(I took this picture off 5 times. It is rough, but it is the way it is.)


You go to the dishwasher and I get your bottle out, fill it with milk, put it in the microwave, and then you reach for me to pick you up so you can get it out of the microwave when it is ready. You drinks your bottle while Live with Kelly is on. Then we go to the kitchen, where you turn on the light. I heat up your oatmeal. You eat every bite then sign for more, so I will cut up some grapes.


Most days we play at home, and always make sure to dance with Ellen. You love it! Some days with have playdates with different cousins or with friends. On this particular day we had a playdate with sweet Charlotte! Other days we will run errands, go see Nana, or Honey and Grandaddy.


About 1:30 you get another bottle and lunch. For lunch I try to get in some protein and veggies but you try to hold out for the sweets! Normally a banana and yogurt. You already know how to work the system.


About 2:00 you take about a 2 hour nap. Mommy works out, does her Bible study, catches up on emails, and preps dinner.


When you wake up you are ready to PLAY! You are always in a great mood after your nap and we do lots of running/chasing and tickling! You love to tickle mommy and say tickle-tickle-tickle.
You like to have a snack around 5. Daddy doesn't get home until 6:30, so you need a little something to hold you over!


I have been trying to give you milk in a sippy cup which you don't care for. You rather have water. You are trying to buck dinner. Whatever I make you don't want. I think you just don't want to sit still for dinner. I normally give you a 3rd bottle before bathtime, so you will have a full belly through the night. Although you aren't a dinner fan you do love to pray before dinner it is so sweet!


About 7:30 we start to wind down. I say "Are you ready for bath?" You get so excited give daddy a kiss and tell him byebye and reach for me to take you up! You only play about 5 minutes while I wash you, and we brush your teeth. You say all done and hand me every toy to put away. We go to my room to dry off, get on a fresh diaper, and get on pjs. Then we read your Jesus Storybook Bible, pray, and sing songs. Right now we are singing This is the Day, Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus, Jesus Loves me, and Jesus Lover of my Soul. I give you LOTS of kisses and then lay you down with your blankey and passy and you normally don't make a peep!




I haven't listed all the super cute things you are doing latley so I thought I should. I need to start doing this more often since you are doing new things every day! You try to snort like a pig when I ask what a pig says. You can say moo when I ask what a cow says. As soon as you see your Grandaddy you pat him down for his iphone, open it, go to your game, and play it. Your daddy made you a set of keys you will work on a door 30 minutes trying to open it. You love to lay on hot laundry out of the dryer. You recently worked 2 full days to be able to work your shape puzzle until you could do it perfectly.You love to say "no no ma" when Maggie barks. You love to hide in the pantry and pop out and say boo. You are cracking us up daily. You are a smart boy, and we love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment