Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's a GIRL & 2 year letter

It is so hard for me to blog during the summer. We are enjoying the weather and coming and going from vacations. Then when I get back to the blog it's so hard to catch up and do justice to what is truly going on.
At the beginning of the Summer (May 7) we found out we were expecting! We found out (July 11) It's a GIRL!!! We are very excited and thankful for this blessing.
In June we went to Hilton Head with my parents and my sister and her family. It was a great trip. We all LOVED Hilton Head. It is beautiful. We loved riding bikes everyday and so did Jon David. We didn't have the best weather, but we still had fun. We loved watching Jon David take in the ocean. He was fearless. He ran straight into the water full speed. Watching him really made our whole trip worth it.
On June 14 our baby turned 2. We took him to lunch and to Marble Slab. He lights up when we turn into the parking lot. This boy loves ice cream like his momma!

The following weekend we had a joint party for Asher and Jon David. We had a water inflatable and several friends and family who came to celebrate with both the boys. Jon David had a Yo Gabba Gabba theme and Asher had a Clifford theme. These boys are getting so fun to watch together. They are actually starting to play together. I am so glad they will have each other to grow up with!!!
This past week we went to Panama City with Jonathan's parents. We had much better weather. Jon David loved playing at the ocean and the pool. One night we took him to Pier Park and he rode a carousel for the first time. After the beach we went back to Jonathan's parents for several day and played in their pool and Jonathan and I got to spend an afternoon in Auburn.

I want to write each of my children a letter on their birthday each year. I've had several things I knew I wanted to write about this year, but I've been so emotional this pregnancy I've been putting it off. I don't know that I will always put the letters on the blog, but it's the best way I can keep up with it for now.
Dear Jon David,
You have become my partner in crime and my little buddy I run around with. I am so enjoying watching you learn and grow. I have truly tried to make this summer about US. I am loving spending time with you, and I know it won't just be me and you much longer. You are a sweet boy. One of the nursery workers told me the other day how kind you are to the other kids in class and how sweet you are to them. You are already making us proud.
I wanted to list somethings I never want to forget about this stage.
  •  How you fold your arms into my chest when you snuggle with me
  •  How you kiss me the sweetest right before bed, like you know it's the most important one
  •  How you look when you are figuring things out. You are so intent
  •  How when I carry you down the stairs you lay your head on my shoulder
  •  Listening to you say awesome and amazing from Yo Gabba Gabba
  •  How sweet you are when we have our bible story and prayer time each night.
We are in such a routine and you love routine. You are also comunicating with me so much better which has helped so much with break downs. You are such a sweet boy and I am so glad I get to be your mommy and spend each day with you.
You are already so good with you new baby cousin Lacy. I know you are going to be a sweet big brother. I can't wait to see you in your new role as a big brother. I know you will make us proud. I am already praying that the Lord would give you both a close relationship with each other. I am so glad you will get the gift of a sibling.
I truly love you more everyday sweet boy!
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment